- * 1 c raw almond (soaked for 6-8 hr )
- * 1/2 c raisin
- * 2 tb plus 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- * a pinch of salt
- * 1 c fresh or frozen plum
- * 1 c fresh or frozen berry (saskatoon, blueberry or blackberry)
- * 3 tb coconut sugar
- * 8 cardamom pod, seed removed and crushed or 1 tsp cardamom powder
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract
- * 1/2 c toasted coconut (optional)
- Add plums and berries to a saucepan and cover on low for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut sugar,vanilla and cardamom and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender add almonds, raisins,salt and coconut oil. Blend until mixture is thick and uniform.
- Press crust evenly in a springform pan ideally or a pie dish, coming up about an inch on the side of the pan. Set aside.
- In your blender or using a hand blender puree the plums and berries. Push through a cheese cloth and combine the strained liquid with 2 Tbs coconut oil.
- Spread the plum sauce evenly on your crust and place in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Top with toasted coconut flakes.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 209.02g
Saturated Fat: 123.38g
Monounsaturated Fat: 53.36g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 20.41g
Vit A: 32.49
Vit B1: 0.48
Vit B2: 1.83
Vit B3: 7.08
Vit B6: 0.45
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 42.34
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are huge.
Tags: Wild Food Box,Cardamom,Berry