- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 very ripe medium bananas
- 3 oz walnuts, chopped (1 cup)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and line bottom of pan with wax paper or parchment, then grease paper.
- Mix together milk and lemon juice and let stand until milk curdles, about 1 minute.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined, then beat in bananas until combined. (Mixture will look curdled.)
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture alternately with milk, mixing at low speed just until batter is smooth. Stir in walnuts. Pour into loaf pan and bake until a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of bread comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool bread in pan on a rack 20 minutes, then invert bread onto rack. Remove paper and turn bread right side up on rack to cool completely.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 186.89g
Saturated Fat: 72.33g
Monounsaturated Fat: 39.61g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 62.35g
Vit A: 1,019.28
Vit B1: 3.65
Vit B2: 2.62
Vit B3: 26.39
Vit B6: 1.83
Vit B12: 1.81
Vit D: 233.06
Vit E: 233.06
Vit K1: 14.08
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I be mad for extensions, because they are helpful!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Banana,Bread