- 100.0g smoked back bacon , chopped
- 300.0g American easy-cook rice
- 500.0g cod or haddock fillet, skinned and diced into large chunks
- 3.0 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1 leek , finely sliced and washed
- 500.0ml hot vegetable stock
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Put the leeks and bacon in a medium microwavable dish with 4 tablespoons of the stock. Cover the dish with cling film, pierce the cling film with a knife and microwave on High for 5 minutes.
- Stir the rice and remaining stock into the leek and bacon and continue to cook uncovered in the microwave for a further 5 minutes. Gently stir in the fish chunks, cover the dish with cling film, pierce the cling film with a knife and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the fish and rice are done.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon zest and juice. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes and serve straight from the dish.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 8.56g
Saturated Fat: 2.14g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2.28g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.33g
Vit A: 199.10
Vit B1: 1.19
Vit B2: 0.67
Vit B3: 22.99
Vit B6: 2.18
Vit B12: 4.91
Vit D: 186.06
Vit E: 186.06
Vit K1: 236.65
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Fat
Notes: I be crazy about extensions, because they are elegant.
Author: BBC Good Food
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Fat